Saturday, March 17, 2012

box hysteria

so quite deliberately I haven't ever mentioned that my boxes come from ceres. this not for any reason other than this blog wasn't ever an advertising space. it matters now because of one story in a melbourne weekend newspaper about land contamination and the ban on sale of food grown at ceres hq in brunswick.

you see, not much of the story was true, and when given all the facts it seems they didn't get in the way of a good story. ceres fair food people explain it here.

why do I believe ceres, with a clear vested interest, over this melbourne paper? cos I've dealt with the same paper over some stuff, and the same thing happened. they got a good story, which was untrue and backed up by cold hard evidence (which was provided), but they ran with it anyway. sound familiar? oh and there's also the independent tests that identified the problem areas (which were not used for commercial purposes).

who cares? lots of people. ceres does good things in lots of areas, and has been damaged by the article. most of you who read this know this stuff already, but i thought it worth writing down in case some one gets here by google.

i continue to get my box, and it continues to give me top quality local seasonal produce in a way that is good for producers, the environment and me. one article, based on misinformation, won't stop that.

byeee

P

p.s. happy new year. normal transmission (i.e. probably not much) will resume shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm totes inspired and totes drooling (good thing it's after 5 at the LRO so there's no one around to comment). I'm going to buy a box and start blatant recipe thieving. Don't worry, I won't start blogging about my box - that would be just...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! welcome G. you can totally blog about anything you like!! go for it I say - i mean your box, not blogging, and by box i mean of fruit and vegetables...it does get weird doesn't it. see you at the LRO...

    P

    ReplyDelete